The Solvendis Quality Assurance Team is made up of serving inspectors who care passionately about the continuous improvement of the sectors training offer to apprentices and other learners. In addition to advising clients on improvement strategies, we also take practical steps to support them.
Over time we have developed a range of support initiatives, including:
- a well received seminar programme;
- Designated Safeguarding Lead Training programmes;
- ‘Meet the Inspector’ days; and
- 3-day and 4-day EIF Achieving ‘Good or Better’ Workshops.
Extending our support to providers still further, we are delighted to provide ‘gold-standard’ inspector delivered teacher training as part of our commitment to improving the quality of education. Providers keen to develop the teaching and training skills should look no further.
Level 3 Award in Education and Training
As part of the new Solvendis Teaching Excellence programme we are pleased to be able to offer an effective response to the need to develop the teaching and training skills of staff working in Post-16 education.
This month-long programme is designed for:
- new or existing trainers with hands-on vocational expertise who are seriously looking to develop their teaching and training skills. This could include those recently moved into a training role from assessor role
- staff new to the roles of trainer and assessor
The programme will focus on those aspects of training so essential in ensuring sound learning – and, of course, meeting the requirements of the Education Inspection Framework. Participants will benefit from a clear understanding of the roles and responsibilities of different stakeholders in the education and training sector. They will develop their teaching and training skills through a clear understanding of inclusive teaching and learning, and be able to plan, deliver and evaluate learning which meets the needs of all learners in a safe and supportive learning environment.
Finally, participants will gain a detailed understanding of the different types and methods of assessment.
To complete the programme, participants will be required to attend four workshop days, which will include learner-led microteach, as well as completing some pre-course work and assignments. Assessment will be via portfolio, assignment and observation.
Although there are no minimum entry requirements for this course, participants should be able to demonstrate the minimum core levels of literacy, language, numeracy and ICT skills expected of all teachers and trainers in the sector. At the end of the programme, successful participants will be awarded the Level 3 Award
Next 4-Day Programme (delivered via Zoom):
- 28 & 29 May and 4 & 5 June 2020
Level 5 Learning and Skills Teacher Apprenticeship
The Solvendis specialist adviser team are pleased to be able to offer an effective response to the need to develop the teaching and training skills of staff working in Post-16 education.
This 24 month long inspector led apprenticeship programme, incorporates the Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training and a Level 2 in Safeguarding and Prevent.
The Diploma element of the programme consists of 4 mandatory modules (75 credits) as follows:
· Teaching learning and assessment in education and training;
· Developing teaching, learning and assessment in education;
· Theories, principles and models in education and training; and,
· Wider professional practice in education and training.
Delegates will have a wide choice of optional modules (up to 9) which range in value from 3 to 15 credits (an additional 45 credits are required from the optional modules).
Delegates will also cover the Safeguarding and Prevent agendas at Level 2.
At the end of the programme delegates completing End Point Assessment will have acquired: Level 5 Apprenticeship Certification
· Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training (ncfe)
· Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Safeguarding and Prevent (ncfe)
· Designated Safeguarding Lead Certification (Solvendis)
Programme start date – 21 May 2020 with an opportunity to also join in July 2020. (Workshops are presently being delivered via Zoom Conferencing)