Level 3 Award in Education and Training (PTLLS)
The Solvendis Teaching Excellence programme includes the Level 3 Award in Education and Training (formerly PTLLS) as part of our support for developing the teaching and training skills of staff working in a range of education settings.
This programme has three distinct pathways designed for:
- Post-16 Practitioners – for new or existing trainers with hands-on vocational expertise who are seriously looking to develop their teaching and training skills. This could include those recently moved into a training role from assessor role
- Primary School Practitioners – For ambitious Teaching Assistants interested in pursuing a career in teaching
- New Entrants – A retraining programme for those who may have been made redundant or are looking for a second career. Most suited to participants with vocational or professional expertise who wish to bring this expertise to the classroom
The Level 3 Award in Education and Training will focus on those aspects of teaching and training which are so essential to ensuring sound learning – and, of course, meeting the requirements of the Education Inspection Framework. Participants will benefit from a clear understanding of the roles and responsibilities of different stakeholders in the education, teaching and training sector. They will develop their teaching and training skills through a clear understanding of inclusive teaching and learning, and be able to plan, deliver and evaluate learning which meets the needs of all pupils, students and learners in a safe and supportive learning environment.
Finally, participants will gain a detailed understanding of the different types and methods of assessment.
To complete the Level 3 Award, participants will be required to attend four workshop days, which will include a learner-led microteach, as well as completing some pre-course work and assignments. Assessment will be via portfolio, assignment and observation.
Although there are no minimum entry requirements for this course, participants should be able to demonstrate the minimum core levels of literacy, language and numeracy expected of all teachers and trainers in the sector. At the end of the programme, successful participants will be awarded the Level 3 Award in Education and Training (ncfe)
Next 4-Day Level 3 Award in Education and Training Programmes (to be delivered via Zoom):
- Post-16 Pathway – 4 & 18 September and 2 & 16 October 2020
- Teaching Assistant Pathway – 11 & 25 September and 9 & 23 October 2020
To reserve your place on one of our forthcoming Level 3 Award in Education programmes please go to our seminars and workshops page
Solvendis work with NCFE as their Awarding Organisation and NCFE’s view is that this qualification forms part of a suite of qualifications which have been developed to prepare trainee/ unqualified teachers to teach in a range of contexts.
This qualification aims to meet the needs of a range of trainee teachers, such as:
- individuals not currently in a teaching or training role
- individuals who are currently teaching and training (including those who have just begun teaching and training)
- individuals currently working as Assessors who wish to achieve a qualification that provides an introduction to teaching.
There are no specific entry requirements for the Level 3 Award in Education and Training but a general proficiency in English and maths is important.
Benefits and progression opportunities arising from the Level 3 Award in Education and Training are to
- prepare learners for employment
- support learners to progress to a teaching role within the workplace.
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to:
- NCFE Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training
- NCFE Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training