Level 3 Award in Education and Training
The Solvendis Teaching Excellence programme includes the Level 3 Award in Education and Training (formerly PTLLS) as part of our support for developing the teaching and training skills of staff working in a range of education settings.
This programme has three distinct pathways designed for:
- Post-16 Practitioners – for new or existing trainers with hands-on vocational expertise who are seriously looking to develop their teaching and training skills. This could include those recently moved into a training role from assessor role
- Primary School Practitioners – For ambitious Teaching Assistants interested in pursuing a career in teaching
- New Entrants – A retraining programme for those who may have been made redundant or are looking for a second career. Most suited to participants with vocational or professional expertise who wish to bring this expertise to the classroom
The programme will focus on those aspects of training so essential in ensuring sound learning – and, of course, meeting the requirements of the Education Inspection Framework. Participants will benefit from a clear understanding of the roles and responsibilities of different stakeholders in the education and training sector. They will develop their teaching and training skills through a clear understanding of inclusive teaching and learning, and be able to plan, deliver and evaluate learning which meets the needs of all learners in a safe and supportive learning environment.
Finally, participants will gain a detailed understanding of the different types and methods of assessment.
To complete the programme, participants will be required to attend four workshop days, which will include a learner-led microteach, as well as completing some pre-course work and assignments. Assessment will be via portfolio, assignment and observation.
Although there are no minimum entry requirements for this course, participants should be able to demonstrate the minimum core levels of literacy, language and numeracy expected of all teachers and trainers in the sector. At the end of the programme, successful participants will be awarded the Level 3 Award
Next 4-Day Programmes (to be delivered via Zoom):
- Post-16 Pathway – 4 & 18 September and 2 & 16 October 2020
- Teaching Assistant Pathway – 11 & 25 September and 9 & 23 October 2020